Monday, June 29, 2015

A poem about OMG

from w
I am tired of hearing the words Oh my God or seeing  OMG in text, so I wrote this poem, using found words in an essay by the President of the Uniting Church plus a kind of dictionary.

 

 A teenage girl talks on her mobile phone.
“O my God”, she insists, hardly creatively,
leaping with words she misunderstands.
The acronym/phrase OMG (Oh My God!)
I hear it see it everywhere in texts,
e-mails, on television,  even when
surprised by joy of seeing a room renovated.
Hands on face. The Urban Dictionary, says,
OMG is used repeatedly by people shocked,
inserted into every conversation.
The OMG girl on the train is still ranting.
 My God, me, my, always about me,
where I am at the centre of the universe.

Others use OMG about a relational understanding
of the G in OMG, would not use this phrase lightly.
Certainly that was the case in olden days.
 May it please thee, O my eternal God, almighty

ln modern day, the acronym might be OMEGA.
Omega (capital: Ω, lowercase: ω; Greek Ωμέγα)
the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet.
 Literally great O" (ō mega, meaning 'great’
as opposed to o micron, which means "little O."

I occasionally bump into the one God
or the one God bumps into me,
I can exclaim OMEGA.  Be surprised, amazed.
the last letter of the Greek alphabet ( Ωω )
 "I am the alpha and the omega"
(Koiné Greek: "ἐγὼ τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω"),
an appellation of Jesus  in the Book of Revelation
The symbol suggested by the Apocalypse,
the First and the Last" the beginning and the end.
Now that would be a surprise to exclaim about.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home