Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When and where to make drawings

from w
I wonder sometimes about the protocol of taking a sketchbook - A5 or A4 nearly everywhere I go. There are places that I do not sketch - e.g. in a doctor's surgery, in a hospital, at a funeral, in a Centrelink line, but most other places seem to be OK. I've sketched at Rotary dinners, weddings, poetry gigs, concerts in a church, art exhibitions, on trains. I don't take an easel and huge canvas of course, but draw with discretion!  Maybe it's at venues where there is a lot of waiting about and I want to fill in the gaps. At a wedding in Williamstown - Anglican I think - I noticed the interesting manse next door with cracks in the walls and a large fig tree so drew that, and one of my relatives said, 'Mum, don't draw now!' but I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home