Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Geelong Mayor I, me, mine

from w
I am sick and tired of our flamboyant Geelong Mayor self-serving, self-obsessed, ego trip.  Not interested in team work, nothing about other councillors, just all about himself. 'I love myself, I think I'm grand, when I go to the movies, I hold my hand.'

Geelong Mayor Darryn Lyons releases brochure to celebrate first year in top job

Geelong Mayor Darryn Lyons has released a new glossy brochure celebrating his first year







Cr Stretch Kontelj said the brochure was an appropriate way for the Mayor to reflect on his first year.
Cr Jock Irvine said it was self-promotion “at its best’’.
Cr Irvine said the money should have been spent on community projects, not on rec­ording past achievements.
“In this 24-page book about his first 365 days it’s all about him and not about the other councillors,’’ Cr Irvine said.
“There are 13 people on the council trying to pull Geelong in the same direction.’’
etc. etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

and also, now he tweets about some idea of bulldozing the Mall - an impulsive man who throws his ideas, right, left, wherever without any kind of consultation with other members of the council.
--------------
MAYOR Darryn Lyons has called for the Geelong mall to be bulldozed.

In a tweet on Sunday night Cr Lyons said the Central Geelong Taskforce needed to move faster to improve the CBD.

“Too slow for me get shovels in ground, Mall needs bulldozing!” he tweeted at 7.35pm.

But taskforce chair and new deputy mayor, Cr Michelle Heagney, said it was vital to take a strategic, considered ­approach to addressing the problems with Geelong’s mall.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home