Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Barwon Edge Boathouse

from w





The first of the Christmas breakup parties was on Monday, a lunch at the Barwon Edge Boathouse with my friends in our book club. We had read 'Cold Comfort Farm' for the last month and talked about that first, then had nicely made meals for about $22. My vegetarian ensemble in a spicy sauce was tasty so I'll have  go making it at home. I took some photos of the waterlilies in the nearby pond. This restaurant is away from the city streets. Instead it's near the Barwon River, though hidden, and is set in an expansive green environment. Very agreeable. I'd been there only a couple of times before, one time making a few sketches. Today there's another lunch, this time with about sixty women in church groups. The Christmas season is upon us and many of us eat too much, while half the people in the world barely survive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Thanks for letting me know that the pic wasnt there, I checked it after I put it up and it was there, no idea what blogger does sometimes.
Looked like a nice place for lunch.

4:43 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Love water lilies...What a lovely place to have lunch and a good visit. I like your photos and sketches of it, Wendy.
annie

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home