Sunday, May 27, 2012

Truly modern hotel

from w Our friends in Dandenong kindly accommodated Peceli and me at the Ramada Encore Hotel in Dandenong and I am so old-fashioned re being tech savy that I found the technology of a modern hotel something of a wonder. No keys, only a card to open a door, or even to get car into the driveway, no lights in the room without a card. Electronic doors etc. are not my thing as I'm claustrophic so the first thing I did when we got inside our nice room was to open up a blind to see a garden of stones and rocks outside. An illusion of nature really as we were in the middle of a large city. Ramada Encore is an excellent place of course, with a good room, then a fine breakfast and free internet. Thank you Nigel for arranging our accommodation. Most of the guests at breakfast were Japanese tourists and the food included a large assortment of Japanese food - bit different from our slap-happy breakfasts in Geelong. I might surprise the grand-kids one morning by 'putting on the style' with eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit, mushrooms, the lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home