Sunday, March 11, 2012

Linda's frocks






from w
When I was up at Federation Square in Melbourne recently I looked around the gallery and one exhibition was really beautiful - the frocks by Linda Jackson. Taking photos with a flash is banned at the gallery so I took one without a flash after a guide 'fixed' my camera but it wasn't good at all. So I found some pics of her designs on the internet - influenced by her love of the Australian bush, flowers and fauna. I did some rough sketches that day. I do not wear beautiful clothes, and never did - just the same old clothes, time after time and I really won't go to fashion parades where boring clothes are worn. However I love to see fashion as art such as these designs by Linda Jackson.
WEBSITE http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au
DATES JANUARY 26 - SEPTEMBER 9 2012
OPENING HOURS 10am - 5pm Tuesday - Sunday
VENUE National Gallery of Victoria: Australia, Federation Square, Melbourne 3000

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home