Friday, January 29, 2010

Painting is like music

from w
Although I'm doing digitel pictures at the moment (which cost nothing) instead of using tubes of paint, my intention is to look at using shapes and textures that correspond to timbres and instruments playing music. Or perhaps a fantastic garden. I started off by making four initial pictures after placing several pieces of cut paper (some bits from a discarded children's book) leaves and a shell on a scanner. Then I wanted to make variations - using Picasa and Photo-edit - that remind people of the various musical lines and sounds in jazz or orchestral music. Does that make sense? So I use the word 'painting' rather liberally. Click on any picture to enlarge.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ross H. William said...

Nice post. Your given details are really very useful and effective. Thanks for sharing this blogpost. Hire Expert and Professional Spray Painters in Canterbury

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home