Sunday, July 26, 2009

Artists' books




from w
On Saturday I went to view the Books Crossing display at the Geelong Art Gallery expecting to find glorious pages of drawings from artists' books but many of the items were a bit wimpy and uninspired. However there were three that caught my attention - one using lettering, and with the other two the artist had created sculptures by chopping into the pages of books. Well, I guess that is one way of recyling! I was really hoping to see notebooks or sketchbooks of artists such as John Wolsley but I suppose his notebooks etc. would have been very costly for the Deakin University to purchase for this collection that is on a tour at present. These are my photos and I dunno if you are allowed to do this - I wouldn't do it to the Mona Lisa, but hey!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home