Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Boab trees






from w
There's a strange Australian tree shaped like a bottle or bottles that grows particularly in the Kimberly region of West Australia. It was part of a near-kissing scene in the movie 'Australia' so I guess will be recognized everywhere now! I've been using two photos of boabs (borrowed from the internet as I haven't been to the Kimberleys yet) to crop and change into new pictures. I think some are too 'sharpened' and are a bit hard on the eyes.

I had trouble using floppy discs today, which I move between two computers. The floppy would not open. I had pulled one floppy disc out when shutting down, so this time I left one in, shut down, and opened up again, clicked on the error etc. and shazam the floppy opened this time!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Fascinating photo changes, wish I could work it out but really dont have the time!
Wondered how the Fijian problems were as I have a friend visiting late next month, long story but she and her brother have the same birthday 2 years apart, and he will be on a cruise ship so she is going to see him as it is his 7oth, bit worried about what she will find.
Oh and I take off my shoes but the old farmer who lives with me never does!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny,
A country friend rang me about going to Fiji after her daughter said, Mum don't go. I said, go (in June) as tourist areas are normal and lovely for a holiday and she is going in a group of a dozen or more. Military rule affects the local people, sometimes drastically as civil servants have been forced to retire at 55 (actually from today) and this leaves education and health in a quandary as too many experienced people must go. And other stuff with a military government that I am intimidated by, so I don't write as straight-forward as I want to.
w.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home