Monday, December 22, 2008

What do you do with your drawings next?




from w
Since we started the Babasiga and Geelong Visual Diary blogs in 2006 we have amassed a large collection of drawings/paintings and photos, so what do we do next? Accept that it was the process and forget them? So I filed of the pictures into categories to see what was there and there's a heap of stuff about the Geelong Botanical Gardens, the sea, flowers, etc. So Picasa put them into mosaics. I wonder whether I could select the best and make a small book with pictures and words - some haiku, poems, comments, 'preachy' kind of sayings? Or a DVD?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

Let us know if you do!

That's quite a mosaic!

Best wishes for the holiday season!

2:37 AM  
Blogger annie said...

A lovely mosaic. I'd be tempted to take them in the mosaic format and frame them but that would be very larger pictures and you probably don't have the wall space.

And I agree with The Moody Minstrel. do let us know if you make a book.
annie3

8:38 PM  
Blogger revkjarla said...

definitely the book. what a stunning way to see the body of work you have done--I love the mosaics!
Picasa? I must explore my Picasa more!
Again, I love your sense of color and line and the way you capture beauty.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

It seemed to be a way to look at the work done and sort into groups. I noticed an obsession with rocks, trees and water. Mostly the drawings were about everyday life, or something observed, and random things rather than planned.
w.

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of printing out (or having Picassa print it out if they do that) the mosaic and framing it. It looks wonderful and is quite an accomplishment to have completed so many, don't you think?

11:36 PM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Wonderful drawings! Thanks for visiting my blog, it's great to find yours!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thank you for your kind comments Jana and Felicity. The mosaics help me sort out the different topics when I see the pics as a whole. I've started making word files with the Botanical Gardens pics but then to find quotes and little poems from my scrapbooks, well that will be a task! I don't want words to just desribe the pictures or give a kind of encyclopaedia commentary.
w.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home