Monday, December 15, 2008

Our house has been googled!

frmo w
Hey, there isn't such a thing as privacy these days. In three seconds I came up with a photo of our house in google maps! Then our next door house - but google is out of date because the little white house was demolished eight months ago and there are now four units there. So there! Then I searched for our church. No, it ain't there, but the funeral parlour in front is, and a mistake - they called the suburb Thomson, and also a Geelong East church came up, which is really St Andrews. Hmmm. I've already found some mistakes Google guys!
Well, at least the photo didn't show people this time, though some pictures in the streets of Geelong certainly do, such as a parking officer leaning against a post having a standing up snooze.
So what do you think about the privacy matter in all of this?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick question: Where did the Barbara Dreaver story go?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello. Yes, I thought someone would ask that question. Sometimes I post something that irks me about Fiji, then later I delete it because I decide that criticism of touchy people or Fiji politics is unwise because I have kids in Fiji who might be associated with their mum's views. I know, I'm a wimp!
w.

2:06 PM  
Blogger revkjarla said...

Yes, isn't that strange when you find your house? However, I kind of like it when I use google for directions to somewhere new--especially a house--its nice to know what you are looking for. especially for me since I tend to get lost a lot--and refuse to buy one of those gadgets that give you spoken directions (GPS, right?)

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home