Sunday, November 16, 2008

Two day flowering



from w
We have a dozen or more very unattractive succulants in pots, very shabby, full of holes or broken, really grouse, but.... every now and then they flower with red and pink blossoms which last about two days. I can't recall what the plant is called. Anyway before another one bites the dust, here's an oil pastel I did this afternoon. I think it's rather symbolic - don't judge a book by its cover, don't jump to conclusions about people. They may have their day in the sun. They may find grace in their life, even if only for a moment. Oh, too many cliches there!
(later: Is it called a cereus?)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Lovely texture here

12:43 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

No Wendy it is an epyphytic catcus, and I love them, have quite a few different ones from white to red to orange and a smaller version in pink.they grow in jungles so like a bit of water and warmth and not a huge amount of sun.
Love your pastel and drawings as usual.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thanks Penny, I was guessing, and believed what I thought I saw on the internet as 'my' flower! We were given these a few years ago from a good friend and it's taken a while for them to flower.
w.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home