Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time for painting today




from w
Because of a computer glitch and the need for a repair job today, I did have time on my hands as I couldn't read the Fiji news etc.! So I did some painting though it's a bit hard to control details. I bought four fine pens for $2 at one of those junk shops so used pen first. The roses are wonderful at present and I don't usually pick them, but, hey, visitors were expected. After four days though, they wilted and the petals fell. The other picture was made by making the outlines in pencil of a drawing I did yesterday - by using a window to see the drawing underneath. Then add paint. They are not exactly like the original as I used 'Illustration' when scanning the pics.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

i love your paintings. the flowers are just gorgeous... and i love the detail of what looks like a church, possibly w/ the mcdonald's sign.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Actually I nearly left out Wesley church which is behind the Wesley manse which is double storey and very fancy looking (and rented out for offices as it is too expensive to heat and cool) with Maccas on the corner (owned by Wesley). At the back is St Mary's Basilica which is on one of the highest points in Geelong.
w.

11:13 PM  
Blogger annie said...

The flowers are lovely, and I think the fallen petals add to the painting. It's fun to see the two other pictures, differently colored.
annie

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home