Friday, May 23, 2008

lookin' at modern art






from w
They say that laughter is good for health and that visiting art galleries is therefore very good medicine. Why? Because many people laugh at abstract art just as they laugh at embarrassing situations. So I've put two lanky sculptures next to my watching woman and perhaps they are laughing. Here's some variations too. I started this with a pencil sketch of a woman viewing an art work. I usually start from something observed then take off as if in a dream. So is that modern art? Certainly my little pictures are not selling for $3 million or more though. Laugh at modern art or cry about the obscenities surrounding the sale of work that may be no more than 'The Emperor's New Clothes' perhaps!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

Why is it that a lot of these chromatic experiments of yours remind me of those movies they made us watch in health class in my school days warning us of the dangers of drugs?

;-)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Yes, Moody, that's too true. Perhaps I am stuck in the 70s but I wasn't into those kind of drugs at all - I was adventuring in the South Pacific 'on a mission from God' which was enough! A recycled teenager now perhaps.
I can't read much of your postings as it jams up my computer - only 2 minutes then it jams!
w.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow these are really amazing. Did you do them? Incredible!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Wendee,
I didn't actually paint them - just the original one which I scanned and then messed around with Photo-edit on my old computer. Some results are more interesting than Rothco perhaps?
w.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home