Friday, February 29, 2008

Point Henry near Geelong


from w
We went on a drive and picnic today, first stop-over was a very unloved kind of seafront near Alcoa, the giant aluminium plant. No one swims here but there are sometimes a few wind-surfers. We did some sketches anyway as I was interested in the long lines of seaweed. Pastel and pencil and A4 in size.

Not everyone is impressed with Alcoa, though they do have many excellent community projects but one website notices their need for electricity.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

That's interesting. The city near which I lived most of my life, Portland (Oregon), also has a large Alcoa aluminum plant. It probably doesn't have such a large impact on the local community, but it is very important economically.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Like the seaweed sketches, must say apart from getting lost in the outer suburbs I dont think I ever found the sea/bay.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home