Thursday, January 17, 2008

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight

from w
Okay, that song is in my head as I scan some sketches from my walk around the fern glades area of the Geelong Botanical Gardens a few days ago. (Note; this blogsite gets the dates wrong - it's on American time perhaps, a day early). It's usually a beautiful area but at present many of the fern tips are brown and the drought has really impacted upon the growth. These three pics were made using watercolour pencils, biro, and bit of water slapped on. I must ban the biro in the next pictures I do as I get carried away with scribbling and over-do it, then the pictures becomes heavy-handed.



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Oakley said...

These are really gorgeous Wendy.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I agree with julie, they are terrific, I love the depth you get into them.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home