Monday, January 07, 2008

Development in the suburbs

from w
Yesterday I went to the revamped Newcomb library to take books back, and while waiting for a bus later, did a sketch of a view of the new children's centre, library, Aldis (or is it Audis) and the shopping centre is now called Centro. Mucked about with the sketch later using my ancient Photo-edit program. I really don't like large supermarkets, would rather support small family businesses but there isn't much choice these days. One green-grocer went out of business when Audi's (or whoever) set up with cheaper products.



Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Britt Smith said...

Hi Peceli and Wendy,

I am a reporter with the Geelong Advertiser and love your blog. I was hoping to do a story about it and publish some of your pictures too.
If you are interested please get in touch. My email is britt.smith@geelongadvertiser.com.au
Thanks,
Britt Smith

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I can't compete with the cool comment before mine, but I did want to say that I enjoyed the drawing and the altered images. I avoid supermarkets and love shopping at my neighborhood family-owened market where the produce is always fresh. I get so overwhelmed by the big stores and end up spending hours in there.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thank you Britt for your interest. I have already emailed you. I don't mind a story about this blog but the babasiga one about Fiji is more sensitive as I sometimes get carried away and comment on political stuff which isn't wise when there is a coup culture going on!
Jana,
I have fun with my drawings at times and intend - sometime - to make bigger paintings of some of the better variations that develop from a simple scene. I like to start with a real place, then play with the shapes and lines.
w.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home