Monday, November 19, 2007

Tree in Williamstown



from w
Haven't been posting drawings this week because we are busy catching up with various chores. Saturday afternoon we went to a Fijian/Cook Islander wedding in Williamstown and after the service a huge Moreton Bay fig caught my attention. The building behind is the manse and it certainly needs a coat of paint. My unobtrusive sketching attracted attention from local parishioners however and they told me that Williamstown was the first settlement in Melbourne with many old buildings but these days it is an expensive area - gentrified I suppose.. The tree causes anxiety as the roots go out under the road but some people do not want it removed.

I plan to do some sketching/painting this afternoon and it's 35 degrees outside today, very hot! I planned to draw a bit last week but there were knocks on the door every time I got out my pencils and sketchbook.
(altered later)


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Missed you. You have had fun al tering the sketches. They look interesting.
We had 10ml of rain and it is cold, and we both feel sleepy after the heat.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Not posting everyday - just busy with other things. Soon the end-of-year parties will start. We are back to lots of reading at present as Peceli is researching some Fiji church history before he goes to a special program in Fiji in January, and I get sidetracked when delving into dusty old books as I become his research assistant!
w.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home