Sunday, September 30, 2007

While Geelong goes crazy the poets sit quietly


from w
Everyone was so cheerful at church this morning and the other musician played the Cats music (Toreador song) after the prayers of thanksgiving! Lots of us wore blue and white - even if those of us who are not 'footie tragics'. The last time Geelong won,(in 1963) the average wage was about $50 someone said, but I think they meant pounds.

Despite thousands of people celebrating throughout the day after the footie win, ordinary events such as a Geelong Writers gig went on with poets discussing metaphors and symbols and villanelles and pantoons. I wasn't listening too carefully to a speaker when I quickly drew the table in front of me and two of the writers. When the Storm rugby match started on TV, I just added a bit of pen and red pencil to my sketch.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Oh, I really like this sketch especially the limited colouring and cropping. So the cats won. We wanted them to for Ralph's Dad who supports them and hasn't seen them win in all the years he's been in australia - since 1957!

3:49 AM  
Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

I like the sketch, too!

Wow...talk about muted celebration, but I guess it's probably more enjoyable that way, anyway.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home