Thursday, September 20, 2007

International Peace Day - and who cares?


from w
It goes to show how little interest there is in the subject - I had not seen any stories/posters/info about today as International Peace Day until Promoting Suva writer wrote about what they are doing in Suva about it.

The Peace Day website gives a lot of information including heroes, a children's story, suggested music, events.

A couple of days ago I noticed that an American writer gave a link to her blog about the cost to USA of sending troops to Iraq - the numbers click over about $3000 every second! Go to this site and see the figures!

Okay, now I remember. I've been invited to a peace vigil at the Geelong Botanical Gardens for later this afternoon - by a local activist connected with an international peace group based in Japan. I'd forgotten. Maybe I'll go along and sit under my favourite (and only) gingko tree in the nearby gardens!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home