Saturday, June 02, 2007

Consumerism in High Street Armadale



from w
I was in Armadale, a suburb of Melbourne yesterday for a church music meeting and had an hour spare to wander along High Street and the King's Arcade, observing so many shops decorated with twee items, consumer goods to enhance already chockerblock houses and some amazing antiques as well. Metallic cats, stones, odd sculptures, giant rabbits, as well as many paintings. It is a suburban street that is so different from the Asian streets of places like Footscray or Richmond. I enjoy painting shapes and textures but when I looked at my pics I realized nearly all of the things I had drawn were of no real value and were just examples of the excesses of consumerism.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Amazing things, but I love your drawings of them.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home