Thursday, May 31, 2007

GPAC courtyard


from w
After our bookclub meeting in the GPAC cafe - where we had been discussing 'The Bookseller of Kabul' I had ten minutes before chasing after a bus so I did a sketch in the courtyard of the Geelong Performing Arts Centre. I noticed that there was an old church there, which today is used for studios and shops. I coloured the pencil drawing at home but got a bit hectic with the colours ... and lazy with the stonework.

I changed it to black and white using Picasa to see the difference.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

I really like that picture. It has an interesting personality to it. Definitely something to hang on the wall of the study. :-)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thanks. I might do a bit more sketching around the city area. Peceli is off to Fiji this week so I won't be going on picnics to the beaches and rivers - and it is getting colder. It snowed at Bells Beach yesterday afternoon! Amazing!
w.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home