Friday, November 24, 2006

For Moody and Tooners - eleven weird things...

For Moody and Tooners – eleven weird things….
from W.

I..Though I’m a woman and my place is ‘in the kitchen’ or so I’ve been told, I have never baked a fruit cake, a christmas pudding or made a pavlova.
2. I never buy dresses, skirts, tops and jackets because people give them to me.
3. My handbag is filled with things like stones, feathers, a sharp vegetable knife one time, and actually isn't a handbag but a tapa designed cloth shoulder bag.
4. I take off my spectacles to read.
5. For ever I have collected pictures, stories, cut up newspapers and magazines, and made scrapbooks and won a prize of $600 in the Women's Weekly once time for telling them I chop up their pages.
6. I walk barefoot in the house and garden and have feet like a Beqa firewalker. (An island in Fiji where they can walk on hot stones.)
7. I think I’m a Pacific Islander but when I look in the mirror and see my beige skin I know I am not.
8.I can sing or hum a long piece of classical music but can’t remember what I promised to do this afternoon.
9.I dream of an Irish castle, horses, wind and storm, and people singing around a fire.
10. I went to Fiji when I was 23 instead of going to Paris.
11. I make up stories about real people I meet, then don’t know what is truth and what is fiction.
PS I will NOT be told what to do. If some-one says to do ten things, then I do eleven!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

Bravo! [massive round of applause]

1:17 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I can relate to most of that!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thank you Moody and Penny.
At the moment though we are obsessed with the dangers and problems in Fiji. I think even Shakespeare didn't have characters like the ones in the drama going on there, certainly flawed characters and obsessed.
W.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home