Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Geelong West Walking Trail

from Wendy
Yesterday was a lovely sunny day so I followed the Geelong West Walking Trail from Drumcondra area, along the shoreline, then to Mercer Street, crossed the walk bridge over the railway lines, then walked into Geelong West ending up at Pakington Street and the Diversitat meeting rooms where I went to the Interfaith Women's group.

The Walk West trail was designed about four years ago after local activists demanded an improvement in landscaping the area and access to the sea for Geelong West residents.



One is of a very colourful gum tree overlooking the bay.

After crossing the bridge I found two more sculptures.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bark texture on that eucalyptus!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Z. Frost said...

Well, the older, the wiser! Grandmas are pretty special :P

Thanks for the comment. Did you enjoy the writers festival? I wish I could have gone down there.

Fizz xox

11:06 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Love the tree, the colours there are so right. Interesting sculpture, one day I will get to stay in geelong and not just pass through.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Karen, I didn't exaggerate (though I often do) because this tree had amazing bright colours and peeling bark.
Fizzlesticks - I was secretary for the Geelong Writers for a few years but decided it was time to really get down to my own writing. My novel is (cross fingers and toes) with a publisher in Melbourne at the moment. I always enjoy writers' festivals because you meet face to face people you have read - e.g. I met Elizabeth Jolly washing her hands in the toilet one time! Hand-basin I mean!
Penny - any time you pass through Geelong, please call in!
W.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home