Thursday, August 17, 2006

Two drawings from (a former) life



I found a bundle of very old drawings. We were rather fussy students then, trying to be realistic - and get good grades with our folios! They were huge drawings so I folded them down just to get a sample.

In Geelong there are at least four institutions for art students. I. The Gordon Institute of TAFE (Technical and Further Education) 2. a Fine Arts school down by the Barwon River, and 3. the Brougham Art School. Deakin University had a fabulous Fine Arts major about fifteen years ago - (which I did as a Mature Age student), held at the old RSL Mill in Pakington Street, but the bureacrats massacred the best courses and went the way of IT, Business Studies, etc.
W.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sensitive portraits, Wendy

6:41 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I don't have the patience to spend hours drawing carefully like I used to. I sometimes do quick sketches of family members as they sit cross-legged on the pandanus mat, drinking kava, but don't show them around.
W.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home