Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cropping, negative, playing with photo-edit





Using a couple of the pictures I posted this week on Babasiga and here, I tried to get different compositions, and shapes. I guess if I had photo-shop I would never get any housework done at all! In earlier times I used a photocopier a lot, enlarging, cropping, finding new shapes, then making a new painting. But that certainly takes time. I like to start with 'reality' then find abstract shapes and textures eventually.
W.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

very interesting messing about

7:40 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I can't keep up with you guys and your daily drawings/paintings! But I'm gradually getting back into art after a time out to write stories. I still feel self-concious about standing about in public with a sketchbook.
Yes, it's fun to use Photo-edit to look for shapes, textures, compositions using your original work.
W.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home