Monday, May 15, 2006

Mushrooms in the back yard





Numerous mushrooms have come up amidst the grass and dropped gum leaves near my Hills Hoist clotheline. They look healthy when they are new but so far I haven't been game to cook them. As children we used to go mushrooming on the farms near the Merrin Creek over the river from Swan Hill and my mother would cook up a batch in real butter. These days we buy small mushies at the supermarket because we are not game to use the ones we find ourselves.

The quick pic I did this morning in pencil etc. has been transformed with Photoedit so they can vary from ordinary to spooky!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pandabonium said...

Very cool pics. I like mushrooms - both to look at and to eat.

I'll spare you my joke about poison mushrooms. :P

K uses lots of various mushrooms in cooking. Only a few of which I was familiar with before coming to Japan. Occassionally I get buy some from Italy which I like in salads and on pizza.

4:50 AM  
Blogger HappySurfer said...

In Malaysia, the papers sometimes carry news about people getting sick from eating mushrooms they collect from the wild.

Nice drawings.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home