Thursday, April 27, 2006

The game of golf



from Peceli
One of my favourite pastimes is playing golf and I'm still not satisfied though I got two birdies yesterday at Barwon Valley Golf Course. There was a special Golf day for the Police Patrons Association which was held at Bannockburn 25 km from Geelong I went to play with a friend Fred. I could not play well because of the sand scrape and lots of tall trees. At least there weren't any kangaroos like in the Anglesea Golf Course. I play in competitions Tuesdays and Saturdays at Barwon Valley and enjoy the friendships at the 19th Hole.
The photo of me was taken at Warracknabeal Golf Course a long time ago. I used to play in competition there when I worked in Hopetoun, about twenty-five years ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pandabonium said...

Ah yes, the game of "where did it go?". On Maui, a friend and I would play occassionaly at a course that had a lot of egret birds and they would sometimes be near the water hazards or even out on the fairways.

Personally, I try to play golf without egrets. (hee hee).

5:15 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

You're right. There are enough hazards in the game without birds and kangaroos and magpies in the spring. You have to wear a hat and be prepared to be swooped by maggies.
People often ask, What's your handicap, so I just answer, My wife! Haha.
Peceli

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home